Prefer another language?

Saturday 9 March 2013

Review - The Hunger Games

The Hunger Games Review

Today on Mezzed It I'm writing a book review on one of, in my opinion, the greatest books ever written. 

The Hunger Games are a set of three books by Suzanne Collins set in a dark, struggling take on the future. The 12 districts are in poverty 74 years after they rose against the Capitol who are currently living in luxury. Every year the districts go to a Public Reaping where a girl and a boy are chosen at random to fight to the death in the arena. Katniss' sister is chosen and Katniss volunteers to take her place. Then her and Peeta go into training in the Capitol before going into the arena. 


And that's just the first book! The second and third books are just as good, maybe better, but their storylines reveal too much about the first. I definitely recommend you read all three books.






A particularly good part was when Katniss was in her bedroom in the Capitol getting used to the surroundings because it is descriptive and particularly creative.

"I programme the wardrobe to an outfit that suits my taste. The windows zoom in and out of parts of the city at my command. You need only whisper a type of food from a gigantic menu into a mouthpiece and it appears, hot and steamy, before you in less than a minute. I walk around the room eating goose liver and puffy bread until there's a knock at the door. Effie's calling me to dinner. Good. I'm starving."

This paragraph pictures all of the amazing things that the Capitol have compared to the districts. It shows how happy and relaxed Katniss is with description and some light humour.



________________________________________________________________________

The movie was just as good as the book. I really enjoyed it. The music is incredibly clever and sets the mood instantly. Watch this dramatic ending scene and listen to the music. If you haven't seen the film yet, don't watch this until you do.




Thank you for reading the book review. I hope you enjoyed it and continue to read Mezzed It.

2 comments:

  1. I love the hunger games my fave has got to be number 2 !!!!! The film is great but i hate the bit with the mutts :-/ Tia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah they're a bit scary. My favourite was the second too! And JLaw is an idol to me.

    ReplyDelete